Last Updated: November 17, 2017
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, please do not provide any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
Collection of Information
- We collect the Personal Information you give us when you register with the Site or use the Services, including name, address, credit card or bank information, and other Personal Information requested as part of your use of the Site or the Services, or the information you choose to give us when you use the Services.
- We automatically collect certain kinds of non-personal information from you when you use the Site or the Services, including device, browser type, operating system, CPU speed, referring or exit webpages, click patterns, Session ID, and your computer’s IP address.
- We may on occasion supplement or correct the Personal Information you submit to us and your IP address with information in our other databases or information from third-party sources in order to reduce errors in our database, authenticate our users, prevent fraud and prevent abuse of our Site, as well as to provide more consistent, relevant experiences to our users.
- We may collect general information about use of the Site and the Services, such as what pages visitors access, the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and other similar factors. This information is generally collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually, although IP addresses and Session ID in relation to downloads may be tracked as part of our fraud prevention efforts.
How Your Information is Used
Except as provided herein, we collect and use your personal and non-personal information for internal purposes only or for gather aggregate and anonymized data. We may use your information in the following ways:
- To conduct routine business operations such as billing, identification, authentication, contact purposes and general research. As part of our routine business operations, we may transfer your Personal Information to certain third parties with whom we contract for the limited purpose of providing services such as web hosting, email, and credit card processing. These service providers are obligated to protect your information, and they do not use your Personal Information for their own commercial purposes.
- To employ internal marketing techniques such as tracking customer preferences to provide a customized Site experience and communicating with you about Services, special offers, and other services.
- To enhance the Services.
- To gather generic product, location and other contributed information to make reports based on aggregate anonymized data, which we may use internally, or which we may sell to others.
- To comply with court and governmental orders.
In order to improve our Products and the App and provide more convenient, relevant experiences to our customers, we and our agents may use “cookies,” “web beacons,” and similar devices to track your activities. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card and enables us to record your passwords and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. A web beacon is a small transparent .gif image that is embedded in an HTML page or email used to track when the page or email has been viewed. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, and most services that include similar devices are typically initially activated to collect data. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. We do not support browsers’ Do Not Track features. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the preferences or settings page of your browser.
Shared Content Retention and Deletion
In most cases, Shared Content sent through the Services are automatically deleted from our servers once we detect the Shared Content has been viewed or the Link has expired. However, we cannot guarantee that Shared Content and associated metadata will be deleted within a specific timeframe. We may also retain information in backup for a limited time or as required by law, even after we delete Shared Content and its associated metadata from our servers. We may also sometimes receive requests from law enforcement requiring us by law to suspend our ordinary server-deletion practices for specific information.
Protecting Your Information
- We use a variety of security measures to help protect your information.
- We do not retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes. When we no longer need your Personal Information, we dispose of it safely.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not share your Personal Information with third parties without your express consent, except in the limited circumstances described below:
- We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers for the limited purposes described in the section entitled “How Your Information is Used.”
- We will share your Personal Information when required by law, regulation, or litigation, and as necessary for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- If we sell assets or are acquired by or merged with another entity, we may provide such entity customer information without obtaining your further consent. We may provide notice of such asset sales, acquisitions, or mergers on the Site.
- If at any time you are uncomfortable with our use of your Personal Information for internal marketing purposes and for the purpose of creating aggregate reports, you may opt-out by email as described in “Opting-Out or Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences.” Note that if you opt not to provide us with certain mandatory information, then our Products and services may be unavailable to you.
- You may similarly opt out of receiving communications from us, although we may find it necessary to continue to communicate with you regarding your use of the Services
Opting-Out or Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
You have the right to access, correct and delete inaccuracies in your Personal Information and privacy preferences on the Services at any time by signing into your account and editing your Personal Information in your account profile. You may also do so by contacting us via telephone, postal mail, or email.
If at any time you wish to opt-out of our use of your information for internal marketing purposes or for compiling aggregate risk reports, you may do so by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non-PandaParents websites or integrated products to which the Site or the Services may link. You should review the privacy policies of such sites before using the associated sites.
The Services are intended for users in the United States and those not governed by privacy policies of other countries. Users outside the United States are advised not to disclose Personal Information to us.